Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

PC11 Server Installation Problem

I'm having difficulties getting the PC 11 server installation to work properly.  I get through the configuration process up to the point where I need to specify the URL for ALM, but I get an error stating that there is a version mismatch between the PC Extension and the PC Server.  The problem is that I have installed the same patch version on both and can't figure out what isn't matching.  

For ALM, I installed the platform server and then applied and deployed the SP2 patch.  Next, I ran "runPCQcConfigurator.bat" from the "ALM-PC Extension patch 04v2" directory.  Everything completed without any errors.  I then installed PC Server and applied "PC Server patch 04v2" by running PCSRV_00007.msp.  This appeared to complete correctly as well.  I then ran the PC Server Configuration Wizard and couldn't get past the URL entry.  Note that both ALM and PC Server are running on Windows 2008 R2.

Based on the error, I'm guessing that one of the patch installs didn't complete successfully, but I didn't receive any errors and can't figure out how to determine what might have failed.   In the ALM Site Administration interface, I see that the Site Administration Client, WebGate Client, and Sprinter are listed as build 11.0.0.5761 while the PC Lab Management and Project extensions are listed as 1.0.0.4.  Are these the correct versions for the patch?  Is there any way I can confirm what version of the PC Server is installed?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: PC11 Server Installation Problem

Try to add the PC server from the Lab management and see if it works.

The error may be more meaningful there.

By the way as it seems you deployed the patch 4v2 extension on top of the extension 1.0.0.0, you may need to follow this KB http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1247683 before logging into ALM user site.

Thanks,

./Sebastien
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Jeffrey,

You resolved this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes, I did get it resolved with the help from HP tech support.  The problem is that the option to configure the ALM connection doesn't seem to work currently.  When I added the server from the Lab Management interface, it worked fine.

-Jeff

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.