Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PC9.52-Error OrchidGlobals - timeout expired

Hi,
I have upgraded Performance Center from 9.0 to 9.52. db is MSSQL server 2000 SP2

This is the path I went through..

i.upgrade from 9.0 to 9.50;
follow by db migration;
confirm admin & user site is working by successfully launching a load test.

ii. proceed to patch PC to 9.51;
follow by 9.51 db migration;
confirm admin & user site is working by successfully launching a load test.

iii. patch PC to 9.52;
tested admin & user site by launching load test.

I am in 9.52 now; unfortunately i encounter an intermittent problem -
when the problem happens, i will NOT be able to login/perform any task at both admin & user site.

I do a check at admin server log in \orchidtmp\LTlogger\w3wp\log.txt.

I come across to below error:
Error OrchidGlobals - timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
System.Data.SqlClient.sqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to cmpletion of the opertaion of the operation or the server is not responding...

At the time problem happens, I attempt to query db through SQL Analyzer, a sql query need couple of minutes e.g. 20 minutes time to return the result.

The MI_LRDB is actually migrated using db_migration tool.

Any idea what could go wrong? any specific configuration needed by PC?

Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PC9.52-Error OrchidGlobals - timeout expired

The db is MSSQL Server 2000 SP4 Standard edition.
Should be fine supported by PC 9.5.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.