Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PDF Form is not opening while recording the application in Load Runner

Hi All,

I have installed LR 9.1. I am recording SAP Portal Application through

SAP-Web Protocol. The application opens PDF form.

I am getting following error when click the application, "There is a

problem in Acrobat reader, please exit from the Acrobat reader and try

again".
But when I open the application in IE normally, It opens the PDF Form

(I think the issue is not related to Adobe Version).

Please suggest me to solve this issue.

Regards,
Chinnadurai R
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: PDF Form is not opening while recording the application in Load Runner

PDF files are not generally shown in run-time viewer. I would suggest you to use web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_DOWNLOAD_SIZE) after your pdf request and verify if the pdf is getting downloaded by verifying the size of the file getting downloaded.Disable run-time viewer and try this.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am sorry that I misunderstood your question. I realised that the problem is with recording itself and not with replay. This would be a problem of adobe reader and LR version incompatability. I would suggest you to use the 'Earlier recording engine' option in recording options and try recording it. However, I feel that inspite of the error, the pdf path would have got captured in your script. Check for any pdf file/path in your script.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Chinnadurai,

I have a similar problem, I need to test the received PDF, I came up with the attached script that test HTTP code (but that not the interresting part, next I test if the received PDF is valid, means that it begin with %PDF and finish with %%EOF, and next the size of the PDF.

If the size does not match I save locally on the injecter the PDF to see if it is good.

Hope that could help you 🙂

--
david
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks, I can able to record with 'Earlier recording engine', but I am facing some other issue in replaying. I will try to solve this issue.

David --> Thanks for you inputs.

Regards,
Chinnadurai R
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

The Leave Application opens PDF inside the page. I am entering values to apply leave.Then I am pressing Submit button in the PDF Form. It is recorded fine, While Replaying it shows "Internal Server Error" in the submit section [web_submit_data ("PageBuilder", Action, Method.., LAST)]. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Chinnadurai R
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,
I am using LR 9.5 and recording SAP WEB application through SAP(WEB) protocol. I have to open PDF files between the script. While recording I am getting MSG like:"There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader.It it is running, please exit and try again.(103:1030".
Please help me on this.

Details:
LR version: 9.50
Application: WEB (SAP)
Document type: PDF

Thanks,
Rajendra
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hey I know this post is old, but I wanted to pass on a workaround that worked for me dealing with this issue. 

1. Go to the adobe acrobat folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

2. Right Click > Properties > Compatibility >

3. Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" >

4. Choose Windows 7 >

5. Click OK >

6. Trying recording again

Hope this helps you.....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.