Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pacing time and action response time

What will happen if the action response time is more than the pacing time, when the pacing is set in fixed mode?

Say the pacing is set at 120 secs and the action response time is 150 secs, what will happen will there be any failures?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Pacing time and action response time

I assume you are referring to the third option of pacing i.e. At Fixed intervals every 120 secondsIf the action response time is 150 seconds the next iteration will begin only after the previous iteration is complete i.e.. after 150 seconds.There won't be any failure due to this.

Note: In this case interval (=120 seconds) is calculated from the beginning of each iteration.So even if the action response time surpasses this interval,the next iteration will start after another 30 seconds when the iteration gets completed.

If you set the pacing time to fixed mode i.e the second option " After the previous iteration ends: with a Fixed 120 seconds" vuser will wait for 120 seconds after each iteration and then start the next iteration.So if say the first iteration takes 150 seconds to complete ,vuser will wait 120 seconds after that and will start the 2nd iteration.

Note: Here the interval is calculated after an iteration ends and the next iteration starts.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.