Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Parametarization using File

Hi Guys,

I am facing below issues.

1. I have to only create the scripts, where as 3rd party will be the host to run the scenarios for no of concurrent users. I have to prove the scripts for 3rd party.
For the parameterization, I gave the File path name, the File is stored on my machince.I stored the date in File.
My question is, While 3rd party runs the scenario, definitely it gives the error, because they won't find File path.
What is the solution for this? I mean is there any way to give relative path?

2. I stored only 2 usernames and passwords in file i.e. for 2 users and I used this File for parameterization and I gave the Users as 5 and when I ran the scenario surprisingly it did not gave me any error, because File has only 2 users data.

3. How do we make sure that LR is taking all the data correctly from the File?
For Ex: File contains 50 users Usernames, Passwords. If we use this file for parameterization, When we ran the Scenario for 50 users how do we make sure it is taking the 50 users Username and Passwords in sequential.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Parametarization using File

How many scripts are there??
If there are not many scripts, then why r u not involving the parameter file individually with the scripts, rather than creating a single file for all the scripts.

In this way you can transfer your file to anywhere like PC, 3rd party etc.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Parametarization using File

2. What happens here is that even though the user load is 5 Vusers, they would be re-using the credentials of the 2 users specified.

3. We can specify the "Select Next Row" option as "unique" and using the "Simulate Parameter" button its easy to justify the same.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.