Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Parameter configuration issue in Performance Center 12.2

Hi All,

I have run a script in performance center with 10 users/1 iteration each.  As per the expectation user id should be different for each vuser but here vuser is not updating - I have made the parameter setting to be Unique and updated once only for a list of 10 values that are parameterized. However, each vuser takes only the first user from the list.

It works perfectly fine if I run it directly from a Controller box but gives this strange behavior when run from Performance Center.

Is this a known issue? Anyone seen that? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Parameter configuration issue in Performance Center 12.2

Hello kashyapshah,

I would like to confirm, in VuGen with the same settings works fine? also may I know which protocol are you using?

Please note that if you select Unique, this means tha it's going to use only the first value from your list, even if you have 10 values on your parameters. If you want to use one value per each iteration, you need to select sequential, this means that is going to take in order each value per each iteration.

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks Daniela!

We are using the HTTP HTML Web protocol. It works fine in VuGen and in fact een when run directly from a Controller.

I understand that with Unque and Once configuraiton only 1 value will be allocated to the vuser. With 10 vusers (for just 1 script) and 50 parameterised values, I would expect that each vuser gets assigned 1 unique user id.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

Option 'Once' is that updates the parameter value only once during the scenario run. The Vuser uses the same parameter value for all occurrences and all iterations of the parameter.

You can try to set Update on value to 'Each Iteration' even you are using 1 iteration.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Just to clarify the intended behavior of the parameter: 1. The parameter is a uder id that needs to be asinged to the vuser 2. Only 1 unique id needs to be assigned to each of the vuser 3. We have 50 values parameterized for that 1 parameter 4. With a load of 10 vusers and setting as Unique/Once, we expect a unique user id to be assigned to each vuser Forget the iterations - consider this to be a single iteration execution. Even with that a unique parameter value should be assigned to each vuser, right? **The same setting works perfectly fine when executed from a Loadrunner Controller. It also works fine when you simulate the setting in VuGen (Paramter simulation feature).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

Could you donwload the script from PC to compare some below information with the same script that you have run in Vugen/Controller?

- The content of .PRM file in both scripts is the same.

- The parameter file is inside the script folder.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Chau, The parameter file (.dat) is saved to and refered from a common shared folder and not from within the script.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.