Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Parametrization in win socks

Hi Experts,

We have developed script through windows socket protocol in vugen

We want to run the script from 20 different locations so we are doing parametrization over here.

but problem is that in the script password and user id is not getting recorded same we are able to find from server response.

So question is how i do the parametrization in such a case.

Any help will really appreciated

Thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Parametrization in win socks

I assume you have looked for the username and password in the data.ws file? It may be encoded differently but in the sent buffer for the step(s) you login with, you should be able is see something that looks similar there. Not sure if you can provide it but it would he helpful to see the script and data.ws file.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

yes we are able to take it from data.wd files..how i do paramtrization to do the same from 20 different locations using different id and passsword

Thanks in advance

points will be appreciated

Cheers
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Just create a parameter file (.dat) containing 2 parameters (username and password).

- username settings in shown in screenshot
- password setting should be select next row: same as username

Screenshot contains simulation to show that each of the vuser is using a different username which means it should use the corresponding password.

If it's for BPM, then check out this thread. I've used similar code before.
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1341502
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.