Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Performance Center 12.01, not recognizing the Controller?

Jump to solution

We recently upgraded to PC-1201. After creating the scanario whenever i kick off the run, I get the attached error. Has anyone see this error before and if yes, do u have a soluton for it?

By the way, the PC-Host is configured in Lab Management and is showing no errors. Once i run the schedual after failure, the PC-Host turns non-operational status in the Lab Management.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Performance Center 12.01, not recognizing the Controller?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Per your information, I would suggest you contact your IT team to check these ports on PC Host machine. It might be the network issue.

54245 and 54345 are very important ports for PC Host, please refer this document:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00398570

These ports need to be listening on 2 processes: magentservice.exe and alagentservice.exe and we should be able to telnet to PC Host via these ports.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you please check some points as below in PC Host machine:
- UAC, DEP, firewall are disabled.
- The services in PC Host machine is started:
+ Data Collection Agent
+ RemoteManagementAgent Service
+ Performance Center Agent Service
+ Performance Center LoadTesting Service
- The required ports is listening to the correct processes: 8731, 54245, 54345 and you are able to telnet from PC server to PC Host via these ports.

- Can you open Controller directly on PC Host machine? (Wlrun.exe)

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank You very much Chau, Yes everything is set up as your mentioned in your email above except the two ports 54245 and 54345 are not working.

The weird part is they are shown to be listening on PC Host server when i list them using the netstat -an command but when i try to telnet to them they are non responsive and throwing errors.

Any ideas on how to fix those two?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Per your information, I would suggest you contact your IT team to check these ports on PC Host machine. It might be the network issue.

54245 and 54345 are very important ports for PC Host, please refer this document:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00398570

These ports need to be listening on 2 processes: magentservice.exe and alagentservice.exe and we should be able to telnet to PC Host via these ports.

Regards,

Chau

Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Chau, i was able to resolve the issue, actually what i did was:

1. Goto the Host Severs and re-run the Host configuration wizard.

2.Lab Mgmt -> Lab Resources -> Hosts -> Host Operations -> Reconfigure Hosts

and it worked ..  🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.