Highlighted
New Member.

Performance Center 12.5 | RTE Protocol | Failed to Initialize. Reason: TimeOut

Hi,

I am using Performance Center 12.5 (Build 12.50.10326.0) trying to run a performance test with RTE scripts.  I have observed that I am only able to run between 20-25 vusers per load generator. Example, if I use 4 load generators, I will scale only to 80-85 vusers. Anything beyond these number of users fail to initialize with the error message -

Failed to Initialize. Reason: TimeOut (Error Code -84817)

I have tried both the thread and process option, but don't see much difference. Any solutions for this problem?

Thank you,

-regards,

Mriganka

P.S. - This was earlier posted in the LoadRunner Practitioners Forum by mistake. I did not know how to move the post here, and hence posting the same here again. Admins, feel free to remove the post in the LoadRunner forum.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance Center 12.5 | RTE Protocol | Failed to Initialize. Reason: TimeOut

Hi,

What is the CPU and memory utilization on the Load Generator? Can it be that the Load Generator is the bottleneck?

Have you tried opening a terminal from VuGen machine while the load test is running? Are you sure the application can sustain more Vusers/connections?

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Performance Center 12.5 | RTE Protocol | Failed to Initialize. Reason: TimeOut

Thank you for your response, Shlomi. The average Memory usage on the LGs is around 6-7% (% committed bytes in use) and the Processor Utilization is well under 20%. Doesn't seem like the load generators are the bottleneck.

When the bottleneck point is reached, I have tried to manually login to the Mainframe system and it has worked. I have also tried to login via VuGen, and it has worked too. And finally I have also tried adding new LGs to the test and on those new LGs too, after 20-25 logins, no more new logins are possible.

-M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Did you check what happens when you try to open 25 conenctions manually? It sounds like there is an issue which is unrelated to LoadRunner. Maybe the application cannot handle more than 25 concurrent connections

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Sorry if I didn't make it more clear in my earlier posts -

• With 1 LG, we are able to handle 20-25 users
  • With 2 LGs we are able to handle 40-50 users.
  • With 5 LGs we are able to handle 100-105 users.

..and likewise. And that is why I was thinking this is perhaps an issue with Performance Center?

Regards,

M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mriganka,

That is known issue and we will fix it in the next release of LR (PC).

As a temporary decision you can try to do on the LG host:

• Run Registry Editor (REGEDT32.EXE).
  • From the HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following key: \System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystem
  • Open the key "windows". SharedSection specifies the System and desktop heaps using the following format: SharedSection=xxxx,yyyy,zzz where xxxx defines the maximum size of the system-wide heap (in kilobytes), yyyy defines the size of the per desktop heap, and zzz defines the size of the desktop heap for a "non-interactive" window station.
    Change zzz value to 16384.
  • Restart the host and rerun test.

It allows to increase the quantity of VUsers which run on the LG host.

Highlighted
Member.

Hi Yurii,

I also faced same issue and it sorted out when we applied above changes in multiple LG's.

But , we are getting same issue during combined load test using all LG's together.

LG1 is working fine with 50 users and LG2 is working fine for 40 users, but getting issue when we tried to execute test on both LG's at same time.

Can you please help us here ?

Regards

Mahesh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.