Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance Center 9.50 Admin Site Server Configuration Issue

Jump to solution
I am having some trouble performing the configuration of the Administration Site. I was able to enter the initial settings to set up the database and can now log into the Admin site.

I enter the Server Configuration information such as Utility Server, User site Server and SiteScope Server and click "Save". The output at the bottom of the screen says everything is successful then it auto logs me out and I have to log back in.

Once back in, it presents me with the same Server Configuration screen (with all the info i entered still there) and when I click "System Configuration -> License" it shows me this same Server Configuration screen with the sentence "Please enter the names of your Web Server and Utilities Component" at the top.

Also, if I hit "Test Connection" it says it "Database was connected successfully".

Any thoughts?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Performance Center 9.50 Admin Site Server Configuration Issue

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue, butI have a oracle database and I open a ticket with hp and they told me to: go to Database and locate the Db for PC usually called MI_LRDB and locate the table globaldata, in there locate the entryname called systemwasconfigured and modify its entryvalue from 0 to 1

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
What SQL Server version are you using? This sounds to me like an issue where you need to set the compatibility level of the database model as SQL Sever 2000. Look to page 151 in the PC 9.5 Installation guide for details.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I supposed I should have mentioned that I'm using SQLServer, thanks.

I initially thought I skipped this step as well, but I've just verified and the compatibility is set to 2000 (80).

I find it odd that the information remains on the Server Configuration website but its still (im assuming) treating it as if I never entered the info. Very odd.

Any other ideas?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I've come back around to configuring the system and I'm having the same trouble. I did a trace on the SQL database and it looks like everything is writing properly. Also, the compatibility mode is set correctly.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way I installed the Admin site. I have the Admin and User site on the same server. Would order of installation affect this at all?

I'm wondering if there is some config file that should be holding this information locally. Also, is there a local log for the Admin site that might tell me where some operation failed?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution
I'm having the same issue, butI have a oracle database and I open a ticket with hp and they told me to: go to Database and locate the Db for PC usually called MI_LRDB and locate the table globaldata, in there locate the entryname called systemwasconfigured and modify its entryvalue from 0 to 1

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks AJO. I actually contacted HP support and received this same advice. I'm running a SQL database, but other than that the advice was the same. I changed that single parameter and it worked immediately.

Thanks for the reply.

For anyone else, the steps to resolve this were:

1. Open the Database Administrator
2. Search for the MI_LRDB database
3. Search for the table GlobalData
4. In the column "EntryName", search for "SystemWasConfigured"
5. Change the value from 0 to 1 in the "EntryValue" column
6. Close the Database Administrator
7. Login again to the Admin Website to check if the system should work as normal.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.