Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance Center COM API similar to Quality Center's?

Greetings all,

I have been using Quality Center's OTA (Open Test Architecture) to access an ActiveX object that enables me to create, update, and resolve issues, as well as fire off tests. I'm using a Groovy script, with a Jacob library and Scriptom library as imports. Consider the following:

// connect to Quality Center
testDirector = new ActiveXObject("TDApiOle80.TDConnection");
testDirector.InitConnectionEx(serverUrl);
testDirector.Login(username, password);
testDirector.Connect(domain, project);

That snippet successfully connects to Quality Center. I can then use that testDirector object to run different tests as parametrized by the script.

My goal would be to do this same 'style' thing with Performance Center. Does Performance Center have a COM API similiar to Quality Center's "Open Test Architecture"?

Thanks in advance,

MerrillD
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance Center COM API similar to Quality Center's?

Yes, you can use LR Automation library to achieve this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm in the process of writing an automation integration for a client of our tool with Performance Center. They specifically asked that the integration cover more than just LoadRunner.

For example, what they do is:
1) Open LoadRunner homepage and login. (Say it's http://localhost/loadtest)
2) Under Load Tests on the lefthand side, they click "Manage".
3) They then click the "play button" on the righthand side.

From my current understanding (which may be wrong) the LR automation would only have the same capabilities as would be in the LR win32-based gui, not the Performance Center web-based gui.

Could you perhaps provide some direction on this situation?

Thanks kindly,

Merrill
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, it is win-32 gui and not web based. I don't see other options.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.