Highlighted

Performance Center Installation on a single Windows Server 2012 machine

Hi

I am a student who want to try my hands on HP Performance Center 12.53. I have a virtual machine running Windows Server 2012 with 8 GB RAM. The host is running Windows 8.1 with another 8 GB RAM. 

I see a 152 page installation guide for PC 12.53 . I am not sure of what it takes install the PC on Guest OS(Server 2012) , have the Host as a LG and invoke the sample flight booking script from PC . I am looking for some suggestions. 

Kindly help.

Regards

Srinivas

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance Center Installation on a single Windows Server 2012 machine

Hi Srinivas,

My apologies for the delay in response, but I just saw this post.

1st, you can't install PC on a single machine. it is tightly coupled with both Micro Focus ALM application (which requeires a single server of its own) and a database server (another server).

if you wish to evaluate the performance engineering products by Micro Focus to learn how to script and run tests, the best thing will be to evaluate LoadRunner and not Performance Center. LoadRunner can be installed on a single server and has a community license of 50 Vusers which will let you learn the product.

Good Luck,

Lior

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Srinivas,

Installing entire PC environment on a single machine (ALM + PC Server + PC Host) is doable, however, not supported & not recommended for a live prodution environment, hence not shared with customers. This possibility is actually only exists for the sake of PC R&D use.

Should you wish to install and use an unsupported  deeployment, please let me know , and I will share with you how this can be done.

Regards,

Oren pelzman

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Oren,

I'd be interested in seeing that solution if you have it handy?  Do you reckon it would work under windows 10?

Many thanks,

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi John,

It will not work on Windows 10 since PC server requires a server edition of Windows.
Can you please specify for what purpose you need it? We'd rather not share this workaround unless really needed.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for the info.  I can run windows server without an issue so good to know that Windows 10 won't suffice but suspect I can just spin up a VM with a server edition?

Anyhow, to your question 🙂  My intentions are entirely for my personal R&D.  I've been writing a CI/CD tool for the past year (I have a job and a Mrs. so time is a bit sparse).  Thus far, it works with native LR, JMeter and Neoload and runs in Jenkins and Bamboo (and suspect others as it's command line driven).  I'm interested in incorporating Perf Centre and making use of the APIs to run scenarios and download the results onto my local CI/CD software server; then let my tool do its thing.

I'm not at all concerned about the performance of PC and just need it to work.  A workaround would be greatly appreciated.  Other SAAS hosted apps sometimes have a sandbox for this sort of thing.  Does Mirco Focus have this sort of availability?

Sorry for the delayed response.  I didn't get notified of your response until I received a daily digest email.  I'll look into my settings and sort it out for next time 🙂

Kind regards,

John 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi John,

Please send me a private message we will continue there.

Regards,
Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Shlomi,

Could you share with me your how to install PC and ALM on a single Windows Server 2012? I would like to have a single sandbox instance of the application for quick pic or testing purposes. Thank you, Juan Andres
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Juan, 

It is not the recommended configuration to have both ALM and PC server running on same machine but you'll be able to install both for light testing.

Please make sure you have the required HW , memory , CPU etc.. for running both servers on same machine.

Aliza

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Aliza,

Are there  any specific instructions or known settings to keep in mind when running PC and ALM on a dingle host?

Thank you!

Juan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.