Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Performance Center & Sitescope Integration

Hi Folks

I've never set up Sitescop with Performance Center before, and I'm really hoping some of you can help.

I have set scope set up on my remote server (I log in as Administrator), and I've set up the counters pointing at the relevant servers under test.  Everything looks healthy from that side.  On the same machine as where I have Site scope installed, I have set up a Monitor Over Firew Wall (MOFW) agent.  I have Agent confirguration set up as follows:

MI Listener Name: almrwcpcmt125-mil5.saas.hpe.com

Local Machine Key : <Ip address of my local machine where SiteScope installed>

Connection timeout:20

User Secure Connection (SSL) : Box checked

Client Server Certificates: None

------------------

In the Sitescope Configuration Wizard, I have the following ports set...

SiteScope user interface: 8080, Tomcat Shutdown 28005, Tomcat AJP connection 28009, SSL 8443, JMX console 28006, Classic user interface:8888, Classic User interface secure: 8888.

Both LR agent and Sitescope services are runnning.

---------------------

In Performance Center 12.53, under Test Resources, I have a Monitor Over Firewall Setup

The MI Listener matchs that configured above.

The machine key matches the local machine key configured above.

The description : <html><body>
MachineKey: <my ip addres of Sitescope machine> Timeout=20 MI Listener Name: almrwcpcmt125-mil5.saas.hpe.com SSL=YES
</body></html>

I did on one occasion yesterday get a semi-meaningful error when i attempted to run the test. 

09/11/2017 14:22:55 <MeasurementError>~E6^SiteScope monitor failed to take measurement /RPA_HAL/SIP Servers/WTRtest11/FileSystems\/\Use% (error code 6). Failed to connect to server <my ip address>, port 8888.

Details: The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

I felt that was progress, as it was relating to one of the counters that I had on the Sitescope machine, but not got this far since. A turned off DEP settings on the sitescope machine also, but to no avail.  Does anyone know what I might be missing or doing wrong here?

Many Thanks,

Claire

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance Center & Sitescope Integration

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the detailed description and sorry for the late reply.

From the error below it seems like the MoFW agent communicates with the Mi Listener and Performance Center properly.

The problem is most likely with SiteScope monitor configuration on the Monitor over Firewall configuration dialog. it seems like it cannot connect to SiteScope.

I assume the monitor is configured properly in SiteScope itself. Please double check that in SiteScope itself by running it from SiteScope UI, If it works fine try to reconfigure the monitor in the monitor configuration dialog and share any error you see during this configuration. Are you getting the list of counters defined in SiteScope in the monitors configuration UI?

Thanks,

Shlomi

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

HI Claire,

In addition to what Shlomi mentioned can you also check this link and make sure that you can acces the specified SIS URLs here:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/lr/en/latest/help/WebHelp/Content/Controller/t_setup_sitescope.htm?Highlight=sitescope 

Also for a succesfull connection you should be able to access the link

http://SisServerIP:8888/SiteScope/cgi/go.exe/SiteScope?page=topaz&account=login1  from the MOFW itself in order for you to be able to see the monitors in our tool.

Adrian

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have a ticket open with the Saas team, as we believe it is an issue on the MI Listener side.  I will update this ticket once we've worked towards a solution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.