Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Performance Center - cannot allocate host (new linux generat

Hello

We are runnig with Performance Center, and have just provisioned a new linux load generator running in the Amazon cloud.  The generator is showing up in Performance Center as Operational.  I have the m_agent_daemon running on the linux server.  The LG is running over the firewall on port 443, and can see the MI listener.

When I try to run a test via PC with this LG in place, I get an error during the test initialization (where we have the progress circle, and test scripts etc downloaded), and the only info I have is that the host cannot be allocated.  On the linux side, I can see that a brr_****** directory has been created in the /tmp area.  It has the global_dir and netdir folders as well as a pre_errror_msgs_filell and the process_mdrv_cmdln.prm.

pre_errror_msgs_filell just contains one error, which relates to the first argument presented in the process_mdrv_cmdln.prm file:

Error: Cannot find usr file /tmp/brr_Wbm9Eo/netdir/../dat/lr_trans_server.usr.  [MsgId: MERR-10793]

So I must have some sort of connectivity in place, but perhaps I'm missing a step.  Should I also have the al_agent daemon running?  If so, does anyone know how it should be started up, as there is no al_daemon_setup present in my installation, and cannot find anything much about it in the admhelp (load runner help center).

Many Thanks
Claire

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.