Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Performance Center user password change

Jump to solution

Hi,

we installed performance center using the default IUSR_METRO user. Afterwards, we changed this to a service account we created specifically for Performance Center. We also use this account to run the HPE ALM service on our ALM server. This was working fine until recently.

The only thing we can think of is that we changed the service account password. After we did this I updated the new password on the HPE ALM service and I also went into the Identify Change Utility on the PC server and updated the password there also.

Now, I can get into Site Admin, Lab Manager etc no problem. But when I try to go to My performance Center I get an error. So I tried to remove my PC server from the lab and then re-add it. But I keep getting the Change Machine Identity failed error.

So far I have tried:

I can ping alm server to pc server and vice versa no problem

I have reset IIS and rebooted the PC server.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled PC server.

I re-ran the PC server config wizard as admin and verified the communication passphrase is the same as on the ALM side.

UAC and DEP are disabled.

When I check the log files here D:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\Performance Center Server\orchidtmp\LTLogger\w3wp

I see this error:

ERROR SystemConfig.Configuration.ServerConfigurationManager - Problem during change identity on server [MY_PC_SERVER] error[User [Domain\MY_SERVICE_ACCOUNT] does not exists or bad password] [Context: 603ba84c-ac25-443d-b43b-250efd78d8d1] [FullContext: QCServer:http://pcsandbox.prudential.com:8080/qcbin UserName:x12345 Domain:DEFAULT Project:LAB_PROJECT]
HP.PC.Common.Exceptions.SysIdentityException: User [prudential\MY_SERVICE_ACCOUNT] does not exists or bad password

I have checked that my service account is not locked out in AD, its password is valid and it is not disabled.

Going back to the password change, is it possible that I may also have needed to update the new password somewhere in the db backend tables?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Performance Center user password change

Jump to solution

I finally got to the root of the problem. This environment is built on VMware esxi. We had taken a number of snapshots of the ALM and PC servers. I wanted to revert back to a snapshot that was Performance Center 12.57 so that I could re-test the 12.60 upgrade before we do Production later this month.

However, we used a service account instead of IUSR_METRO. The password for this account had been changed. So when we reverted to the 12.57 snapshot the old account credentials were set.

So I redid the snapshot restore to 12.57

Immediately went to the Identity Changer Utility on the PC Server and I updated my user account password. The changes saved OK and now my PC server is ok again within Lab Manager..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello

Could you specify what version of PC and ALM are you using?

Also, after reinstallation of the PC Server, did you try to update the user again, to a different one than IUSR_METRO?

The error from the log, is that from before removing the PCS from Lab Management, or is it from the moment you try to add the server back.

Regards,

Sinziana

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It's strange. After the install of PC Server I try to use the Chaneg Identitity utility to use my service account instead. But I get an error telling me that PC server cannot communicate with the ALM server because of a communication passphrase mismatch. But I have verified and double checked that the passphrase is in the place and that it is the same on both the ALM server and the PC Server.

PC Server is v12.57 and the ALM server is 12.55 Patch 2

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello

The error from your screenshot occurs because your PCS is no longer connected to the ALM server. Change Identity Utility requires PCS to be connected to ALM in order to work.

Please open a support ticket for your issue and we will investigate. We need additional information from your side in order to understand the root cause of your problem.

Thank you!

Sinziana

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I finally got to the root of the problem. This environment is built on VMware esxi. We had taken a number of snapshots of the ALM and PC servers. I wanted to revert back to a snapshot that was Performance Center 12.57 so that I could re-test the 12.60 upgrade before we do Production later this month.

However, we used a service account instead of IUSR_METRO. The password for this account had been changed. So when we reverted to the 12.57 snapshot the old account credentials were set.

So I redid the snapshot restore to 12.57

Immediately went to the Identity Changer Utility on the PC Server and I updated my user account password. The changes saved OK and now my PC server is ok again within Lab Manager..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.