Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Performance Tesing of Site systems with LR

Hi Experts,

I have got opportunity to deal with site system performane. But the challenging task is can we really automate site sytems (e.g. Point of sale or back office systems at forcourts servie centers) with LoadRunner.

Has anyone have experience on sitesystems performance testing using LoadRunner.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Champ
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance Tesing of Site systems with LR

If it is specific application which is running on that, then you can. Generally these applications interacts with hardware devices like card readers, scanners etc. which is not possible to test. Also, only one process will use that devices at a time, so there is no point in testing the load.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

Appreciate your response.

Yeah site system involves card reader, barcode scanner etc.

But I want to do with only one user is it possible to automate with LR?

Can dev team help developing script? if you have any sample script for site systems that will be really helpful.

I have one idea can we make card reader simulator and barcode scanner and run for multiple users?

Or

Can I point out each user to one site system from PC and do execution? I know that is not possible in large user load if I want to do it for 5 user load then only 5 systems would be required.

Thanks
Champ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Answers inline...

-Madhu

Hi,

Appreciate your response.

Yeah site system involves card reader, barcode scanner etc.

But I want to do with only one user is it possible to automate with LR?

Can dev team help developing script? if you have any sample script for site systems that will be really helpful.

I have one idea can we make card reader simulator and barcode scanner and run for multiple users?
>>> No, you cannot. As per my knowledge there is no such barcode scanners available which can do multiple tasks. (RFID technology can be used to achieve multi tasks, of course it is at hardware side)

Or

Can I point out each user to one site system from PC and do execution? I know that is not possible in large user load if I want to do it for 5 user load then only 5 systems would be required.

>>> If it is configurable, then you can. Remember there are variety of barcode devices. Few doesn't have any control from software, whenever you read a barcode it simply pushes the data to COM port or TCP/IP port and it is the responsibility of the software to pull the data. In this case, multiple programs/threads cannot open the same port. Hope it gives an idea.

Thanks
Champ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.