Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Performance Test ends early with error: "Failed to collect statistics from Controller..."

There are at  least a couple of threads posted about this error, but they are either marked solved or haven't been updated in awhile, so I'm posting my version of it.

We're running PC 12.20, no patches. When we run a load test, it often (but not every time) stops at either the 45 minute mark or the 70-75 minute mark. The error shown in the event log says "Failed to collect statistics from controller, internal error: "There was an error reading form the pipe: The pipe has been ended. (109, 0x6d).

In another thread, they mentioned disablling J2EE monitoring, but mine was never enabled. Another post mentioned checking the 32 bit application status for the LoadTest and PCS application pools in IIS for the PC server, but those are enabled already as well.

I have attached the exported event log and attached it here.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Performance Test ends early with error: "Failed to collect statistics from Controller...&qu

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone might notice it and have some ideas. This ticket has been open for more than a month with HP and I still can't get anyone to tell me what might be causing this error. There are plenty of ideas on Stack Overflow, like those on this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15836199/wcf-namedpipe-communicationexception-the-pipe-has-been-ended-109-0x6d

I've asked Support multiple times to show these errors to a developer, but as is usually my experience with HP Support, I get no direct answers to my questions, only ideas for more scenarios to try and requests for "fresh" logs that no one apparently even looks at.

This issue has made Performance Center unusable, since we can't tell when a test will stop communicating with the Controller and fail.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: Performance Test ends early with error: "Failed to collect statistics from Controller...&am

John - we've had the same issue with PC 12.2 for the past 2 releases.  I've tried working with support but the only advice I've been given is to try to capture the issue with a tool called DebugDiag (

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26798) to monitor wlrun.exe and do data dumps.  Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time reproducing on the controller once logged in with Debug tool enabled so we've not gotten any closer to resolving.  As you mention, we have no idea if a test will continue to run or get the infamous error you posted once the test is running - making it invalid.  If anyone else has any feedback or if they've observed the issue in PC 12.2, please post.  We've never experienced these symptoms in previous PC versions (using same LG and C's).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Performance Test ends early with error: "Failed to collect statistics from Controller...&qu

I just received word from HP Support on this:

"We have found the root cause of the issue and it’s fixed on PC 12.50. our RnD are working on this to provide a fix on this version you own. They are going to try to get a fix for your version.".

We're deciding if we want to wait for this patch or just upgrade to 12.50.

0 Likes
Highlighted

We're got same error in 12.55 Do you got any solution from MF?
[BR, KK]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.