Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance center 11.52 host 'Non-operational' Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my PC 11.52 environment, LGs & Controllers are showing 'non-operational' while I start the load test. Verified the ALM –Pcserver—Controller—LG connectivity.

I’m getting are getting ping response, when I start the load test either Controller or LG goes to ‘non-operational’ mode.

As per hp knowledge base below items checked.

Verified there is no firewall in between.
UAC is disabled while logging in as IUSR_METRO. 
Enhanced IE Security is disabled on all the hosts
DEP is disabled on all PCS and Host systems.

Your suggestion much appreciated…

-Stphn

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Performance center 11.52 host 'Non-operational' Error

Jump to solution

Stephn,

Can you try connecting to the other LG and run the test and see if this failing as well.

If the both are getting Non-Operational.

Can you please create a fresh project and paste the scripts and assign the LG and re-run again.

Since if you create a project from A template it happens usually...experienced such in past.

So, please dedicate a new Template for PC and start creating the same & do validate the results.

Thanks

Damodar

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Check if all these service are running?

DataCollectionAgent
RemoteManagement Agent Service
Performance Center Agent Service
Performance Center Load Testing Service

Check the time slot and if any mataintance task is taking place?

Ifyou still get error...delete the problamatic machie and add it back
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

You might want to check IIS as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for your input, already verified all the services and it looks good.

Attached the error screen shot.

-Stephn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Stephn,

Couple of quick questions about your environment.  What patch level do you have installed on top of your 11.52 install?

Can you verify that the PCS and Host are both at the same patch level and that patch level is compatible with the patch level of the ALM server?

After that, when you go to Lab Management and you go to the Hosts page, click once on the host and then click on the Reconfigure Host button, when that is finished and the host is once again available can you then go to the Health Check Page and do a Health check on just that one host and verify that everything comes up clean on the Health check.

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Craig Drummond

HP SW Premier Support Technical Account Manager - ALM Products

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your response. I checked both the servers (pcserver & hosts) all are in same patch level 01 & its compatible with ALM.

Similarly I tried to reconfigure the host in PC console but no luck.

Checked with the system health, receiving the below error message;

“Health check on the following host failed MS-CTRL2. Error message: There was no endpoint listening at http://MS-ctrl2:8731/LTOP/HostManagementService/HostManagementService that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See Inner Exception, if present, for more details”.

-Stephn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Stephn,

What is the ALM patch level? 

Also, in Lab Management, if you go to the PC Servers page and click on the ALM Connection button, what is the internal and external connection set to?  If the internal communication is http://localhost:8080/qcbin can you change that to be either the actual name or IP address of the ALM server? 

If that doesn't help you can try to remove the host completely and then re-add the host using it's IP address and see if that works any better. 

Do you have any kind of Web Server software running on the Host that might be using ports that the PC Server software is running on?  from a command prompt enter netstat -a and examine all of the software and ports that are running

After all that, if it still doesn't work I would suggest opening a case with support.

BTW PC 11.52 Patch 2 is available. It requires ALM to be upgraded to ALM 11.52 Patch 3

Craig Drummond

HP SW Premier Support Technical Account Manager, ALM Products

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Stephn,

Can you try connecting to the other LG and run the test and see if this failing as well.

If the both are getting Non-Operational.

Can you please create a fresh project and paste the scripts and assign the LG and re-run again.

Since if you create a project from A template it happens usually...experienced such in past.

So, please dedicate a new Template for PC and start creating the same & do validate the results.

Thanks

Damodar

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Restart the MI listner on the respectiveLG(non operational) and reconfigure the LG in alm this will reolve the issue

Steps:
1.HP folder-advance settings-reconfigure host and rest the services
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Jump to solution

I, too, had the problem of a "sticky" Performance Center (12.0) host whose status of 'non-operational' would not go away.  I checked the presence of the requisite processes and services on the host.  In my case to remedy this, I physically had to reboot the machine and then do a 'Reconfigure Host' process under PC's Lab Resources / Testing Hosts tab -- see attached.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.