Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Performance center Database size...

Hi, I am trying to find out the size of the DB performance center will need when creating new projects. Our DB is managed by a different DB team so it is really out of my control which is unfortunate. They want to know how much size a PC DB needs when it is first created and the expected growth so they can setup 'x' number of DB's for us and manage the size and growth of the DB .

Does someone know this info or is there a document I can find this info in.

thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Performance center Database size...

Hi Jamesa1

Hoping you are doing well, I am a PC/Loadrunner support engineer and I am going to help. About this, I can recommend that it depends on how many projects you planed for performance testing.

Another factors such as: the exectution time for all the Project Groups and the complicity of every script you will use.

Ido not like to provide an standard information because it is depends on the components environmets involved. I found some information about the minimun requirements or technical specifications for ALM that may help:
https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications.

The idea is that you need to estimate or calculate the minimun requirements you may need and create a login plan to then set up all the neccesarry components, the correct size of the Databases you will use.

It is important to have a big size of storage of the database to save the projects and avoid performance issues. Other things that may affect are the require permissions you need to have.

Hoping this information was useful.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Alexis B

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Alexis,

I am not able to access that link : https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications

Also, I need to understand the minimum configuration requirements for database server. Can you please help here?

Regards,

pftester

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>I am not able to access that link

The URL has an extra char on the end.  Try this:

https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications

The author can use Post Options > Edit Reply to correct it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.