Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Performance center load generator selection issues

Jump to solution

Hi All,

While designing a test in performance center,using load generators manually option load generators which are non-operational and unavailable are also appears to be in the popped up data.

Is this this correct ...will this functionality not do any validations on LG status while checking the availability..

Arunraj Karnam

Thanks & Regards
Arunraj Karnam-->Performance Test Engineer-->Chennai
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Performance center load generator selection issues

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, it is designed like that.

You can check it on page 126 - HP ALM Performance Center User and Administrator User Guide.

As Specific tab allows us to assign LGs manually to the Vuser groups in the test, or to remove them from the Vuser groups, so it will show all LGs from the project's host pool.

Example, when we have an existing test with some LGs but suddenly, one of LGs is changed to Unavailable or Non-Operational status,  so we can remove it from Vuser group then continue running the test with other LGs.

Thanks and Regards,

Chau Nguyen 

Regards,

Chau Nguyen | SW Technical Support Consultant.
LoadRunner and Performance Center

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Arunraj_Karnam

Hoping you are doing well, I am an LoadRunner Support Representative, I will be reasearching according to your question/concern.

May you please provide me the version of the PC environment and attach a screenshot about the incident?

Please allow me a bit of time to provide an answer. Thank you!

AlexisB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

I am listing out the issues 

1) Why the Unavailable or Non-operational hosts are popping up for selection...is there no status check performed while load generator selection page opening

2) If the selection is automatic PC will automatically considers all the hosts available including Unavailable or Non-operational hosts thus failing the test by chance any host is of such type ....is this not a PC design issue ??...please confirm...

3) Are these of existing with HP  and waiting for resolution or a new one....please confirm me whether the issue what I have posted is relevant ?

As there is a provision from Lab management to change the status ,this could cause problems

I am attaching the screen shot of the load generator selection, some host with with unavailable status...

Please provide me a resolution on this....

Thanks & Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
HP PC version used is 11.52
Thanks & Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

When choosing specific LGs,  PC will automatically display all the hosts that added in Lab Management including Unavailable or Non-operational or Operational hosts.

If in Lab Management, the status of hosts is changed to Unavailable or Non-operational, it will show the same in Select specific LG.

Regards,

Chau Nguyen

Regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Chou,
Is this to be the correct functionality....
What for it to display if it is Unavailable or Non-operational ??
Thanks & Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, it is designed like that.

You can check it on page 126 - HP ALM Performance Center User and Administrator User Guide.

As Specific tab allows us to assign LGs manually to the Vuser groups in the test, or to remove them from the Vuser groups, so it will show all LGs from the project's host pool.

Example, when we have an existing test with some LGs but suddenly, one of LGs is changed to Unavailable or Non-Operational status,  so we can remove it from Vuser group then continue running the test with other LGs.

Thanks and Regards,

Chau Nguyen 

Regards,

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.