Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance issues in production

In test environment the application was able to take a load of 500 users.right now in production we are facing issues when 100 users are logged into the system.
any ideas on how to pinpoint the performance issues in production environment
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Performance issues in production

how about setting up some monitors and looking at the logs for any exceptions errors. How do you know you are having problems with only 100 users?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Performance issues in production

Be alert to the time of loading your users. Also becareful in the speed in which you run your app.
In your log, look at which user is having the issue, as well as if a lot of the users are choking at a particular point in your code.
One thing to look at as well that occurred with me was, I had an issue that I thought was my script. It turned out that it was the application I was testing. I found it by needing to manually (physically) testing the application under test to find it. The developers fixed the app, I then ran my load test just fine.

keith
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.