Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Performance test Sharepoint 2013

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade from PC 11.0 to PC 12.0 soon. Post upgrrade, we are also supposed to performance test Sharepoint 2013 application customized for our users.

My question:

1. What protocol is best suited for performance testing Sharepoint 2013 applications?

2. I am getting varied response from HP and other users - some suggesting use of Truclient protocol and some suggesting HTTP Web.

If someone has experience on this and can suggest, it would be a huge help!

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Performance test Sharepoint 2013

Jump to solution
Hi Kashyapshah,

As P7h2 stated, it depends on which licensed protocols and the number of users you want to test with, the best alternative is to use Web(Http/Html).

If you find this or any other post resolve your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Kind Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Kashyapshah,

How are you?

I have heard and find informaiton that on LoadRunner 11.52 and one option is to record the Business Process usingTruClient protocol.

Are any activites of the Application under Test some Client Side activities?

PC Host Vugen will record only the events that go to the server and get back to the client. 

An options is to use TruClient Firefox protocol.

Kindly awaiting your reply,

AlexisB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks AlexisB!

Yes, there are some client side activities and also there are many 3rd party interfaces - like stock prices, weather, new etc. that may not be coming directly from the server but from other sources.

Is Truclient the only option? Also if you have any link/document to information on this protocol, please let me know. Thanks for your help again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

This is going to depend on which protocols you are licenced to use and the number of users you want to test with. Standard Web - HHTP/HTML should be ok for most pages within sharepoint. If you are using third party interfaces then you should get agreement from them that you can performance test them. Trueclient is a good option if you have the licences or load requirements arent too high. As with most things I would try a variety of protocols and see which work best for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Kashyapshah,

As P7h2 stated, it depends on which licensed protocols and the number of users you want to test with, the best alternative is to use Web(Http/Html).

If you find this or any other post resolve your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Kind Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.