Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance testing MS Project Server with Loadrunner

We are migrating data to Project Server 2007 (Which is a Microsoft project management tool). So we need to test the performance of Project Server after migration. There are 3 main parts in our application 1) Project Server in which all the details of projects belongs. 2)Website which is the interface for the client through which he can view/edit the project details 3)Project Professional which is installed in the client machine. Whenever a client select a project for modification, it will open in the Project Professional in his system. After modification it will save in Project Server.

The communication between Website and Project Server is HTTP. From the architecture diagram I assume that the communication between website and project professional is HTTP/SOAP

My questions are:
1)The selected project in the website will be opened in the Project professional. How we can record this transaction by VUgen? What protocol I should use?

2)After opening and modification the project in the Project Professional save it to Project Server. How we can record this transaction by VUge? What protocol I should use?

Please share your thoughts.....
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Performance testing MS Project Server with Loadrunner

Hi Arun thomas,

if your not clear has which protocol u need to use? why dont you u use the protocol advisor in the LR 9.5 version?. U will be clear as such which protocol's u need for ur project.

Let me know if it helps you?

Regards
Vidhya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vidhya,

Protocol Adivsor is available in Loadrunner 9.5. But unfortunatly we are using LR 9.1. I guess this facility is not available in Load Runner 9.1
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

its always good to work on a newer version .. thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does the trial version of 9.5 come with the protocol advisor? If so, download the trial and figure out which protocols you need.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.