Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Planning to Upgrade PC 12.20 - PC 12.52 next month!

We are planning to upgrade PC 12.20 to PC 12.52 next month. We have total 9 VM, 1 ALM, 1 DB, 2 PC with LB, and 5 Hosts each (DP, C, LG). We have ALM PC architecture completely independent from ALM QC so we can avoid the dependency while upgrade it.

I understand that I don’t need a new license key since I will upgrade it from ALM PC 12.20.

Q: Do we need to uninstall the existing version HP ALM PC 12.20 before installing the HP ALM PC 12.52?

If yes, do we need to uninstall ALM, PC, Host all S/w from all 9 VMs?

Or is there any other easy way out?

Please advice!

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That's right. You will need to fully uninstall the old version on all the machines before installing the new one. This applies to ALM Server, PC Server, PC Hosts and any standalone components as well.

Also need to backup your projects before upgrading. You should review the upgrade best practices guide thoroughly before proceeding with upgrade

Thanks

Microfocus Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello

We are in the same situation of upgrading shortly. I would like to know if/how you got hold of the installation files for PC 12.52.

Also note that MS SQL server 2008 R2 is not supported any longer for ALM 12.5

br /ola

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Please note that the software version is 12.50, there is not such thing as 12.52.

You will need to install 12.50 and then install available patches, if such are available.

Elad
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.