Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please give suggesstions

Hi can anybody help me regarding below scenarios

Scenario1: I have 2 scripts which i have to execute from Controller. First script will create tickets and second script will cancel few tickets which are created in first script.. .. I have to use ticket values which are generated dynamically with first script.
my question is how i can plan this scenario.. Both script should run parallelly..

Scenario2: I want to save all the server response file(HTML) to my local disk.
Ex: Google
1. open goolge
2. search "perforamance Test"

request comes from server with all html pages. i want save those html server responses to my local drive
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Let me answer your first question,

1) you can use Virtual Table Server, but its a big pain to implement.

2) Dont go for files, first script will create the ticket#s and save in local machine and 2nd one will be reading it.

It will only work for single user tests. When multiple users are running for scirpts you will get the file access issues.

3) Cant you find a repository in app, where all the list of created ticket#s will be listed - from there you can play 2nd script.

it doesnt require any ticket# passing from 1st script to 2nd

4) Better choice is to combine the 1st, 2nd scripts and correlate the ticket#s.

5) Have you tried using any DB for data exchanging

http://www.bish.co.uk/index.php?Itemid=1&catid=34%3Arecent&id=89%3Ausing-mysql-instead-of-vts-for-loadrunner&option=com_content&view=article

Hope one of these will work.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.