Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem Installing the Performance Center Server.

Hi All,

I am having a problem installing the Performance Center server. I have ALM installed and running correctly with the Performance Center extension installed. When I try to install the Performance Center server I get all the way to where you have to type in the external and internal URL for the Performance Center server. I leave what is already typed in, which is http://"machinename". When I select the next button I get "invalid URL", IIS is running and configured correctly.

I also go into Lab Management in ALM and try to add the Performance Center server there. The error I get there is "Failed Pinging URL". Any help would be greatly appreciated,

One more question. Do you need ALM installed to run Performance Center 11?

Thank you,

Kyle  

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Problem Installing the Performance Center Server.

Please make sure both the ALM & PC Servers are at compatible patch level.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

A ":port" to be added to the URL ?
Yes to run PC 11 you need ALM.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If you still experience the issue, try the following:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1118937

Thanks,

./Sebastien
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Have you solved your question?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello. I am new here so forgive me if I am breaking any posting rules.
I am having the same trouble. I basically can not add the PC server to ALM. I am working on PC 11.5 and all components are on the same version. I have checked out the link posted above But it was very vague so I could not follow it. But the problem am having is very similar to that one.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Kyle,

I have successfully installed both ALM 11.0 and PC Server 11.0 and aware of this issue quite well.

Are you installing both ALM and PC Server 11.0 on the same box? If yes, please follow the below steps that will help you to add PC Server 11.0

Explanation:

Troubleshooting steps performed: Since configuration of ALM Web Server is with IIS and since PC Server also uses IIS as web server and both are installed on same machine, they have been so far conflicting. There is a QC ISAPI filter which was blocking the PC Web Service calls and is redirecting the requests thus resulting in the attached error. It is a limitation on ALM/PC Side that ALM cannot be configured with IIS web server if PC Server component is also installed on the same box. This has been rectified already in the next ALM/PC version, 11.5. Moreover, UAC, DEP and windows firewall were enabled

Recommendation/solution provided: Regardless of the amount of resources available on the machine, it is strongly recommended not to have ALM Server and PC Server installations on the same machine. Ideally it’s recommend them to go on separate boxes so to avoid any port conflicts or usage overhead on the servers. The issue we encountered under this case study was one other classic example for this.To get around the problem and add the PC Server successfully, we removed this ISAPI filter for QC under IIS->WebSites->Default WebSite->ISAPI Filter section, did an iisreset and added the server into ALM again. It’s always recommended to turn off UAC,DEP and windows firewall while Installing/configuring ALM and PC Server 11.0

Hope this helps not only you but also others who are having the same issue!

Take Care!

Regards,

amitstora

E-Mail: amitst01@gmail.com

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.