Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem in installing Load Generator in Client Environment

There are some clients who are not ready to allow the performance team to install the Load Generators in their environment.If we are supposed to do a Load Testing for 1000 Vusers we cannot use a single machine. Is there any alternative which we can use during these kinds of situations.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Problem in installing Load Generator in Client Environment

I want to do the installation in LAN and i found out the Shunra i have mentioned will not help me in that aspect. any suggestions on this issue ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Problem in installing Load Generator in Client Environment

Are you talking about installing load generators at a remote site to test an application accross the WAN? If so using this technology in the LAN environment will address that issue. If you are talking about installing load generators in the LAN environment to test an application this will not really address the issue. Shura's software emulation was included in previous versions of LoadRunner. I do not remember which version that removed the option but HP has returned this feature to LR and PC 9.5.

The software emulation was never as good as using a Shunra appliance. In this case load gernerators are attached to the appliance on the LAN and WAN characteristics are added for each generator to emulate specific remote sites.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.