Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Process 'lr_bridge.exe'

Hello,

I have been getting this error even though I have tried many "options" that were recommended online. 

Error: Process "lr_bridge.exe" was not created on remote host "xx.xxx.xxxx.xxxx". Reason: communication error. Make sure the Agent process or service is running on the remote machine..    [MsgId: MERR-29987]

i.e.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM169875

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM180223

The Server has Dual NICs.

any other recommendations ?

Thanks

Omar

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Process 'lr_bridge.exe'

Hello
This is clearly caused by the multiple NICs, there are few ways to resolve this, the faster and easier is to disable the secondary NIC, but this is usually not a valid option, so check on control panel what is the NIC 0, check the IP of it and add to PC server and PC controllers an entry on the host files for this machine with this IP, or if you have DNS server do it in there, yo may also simply remove the machine from PC and add it using the IP instead of the name, try that and let us know the outcome.

regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hello ,

Thanksd for the reply, I kinda need the 2 NIC, and tha tis what makes it hard.  As for the IP, I tried using the Fully Qualified Name (FQN) and the IP.  Adjusted the Host File to reflect that but no hope.

Thanks

Omar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ok lets just verify this is because of the 2 nics, please disable the secondary and lets confirm the error is no longer comming, if this comes then we need to investigate further, if no error comes then we know the secondary NIC is indeed the cause, after this little confirmation you can enable the NIC again.

Let me know the outcome
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.