Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Promote load generator to host

Jump to solution

We are running PC 11.52.  I need to promote one of our load generators to a host/controller in order to move said host off the same machine as UFT. Anyone have the method for this? I have dug thru the manuals, spent time attempting to google a solution and opened a service ticket.  But still nothing yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Promote load generator to host

Jump to solution

Hi miller422,

I hope you are doing well.

Based on what you mentioned, I would like to help you on this. First, is important to be clear on the installation method. If you have installed on this machine the full PC Host installation, you will be able to change the purpose of Lab Management tab from ALM and use it as Controller because the PC Host installation have the Controller .exe (Wlrun.exe) inside it, but if in the other hand, you just have LG Stand Alone installation, you will need to perform an uninstall and then, install the PC Host setup.

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi miller422,

I hope you are doing well.

Based on what you mentioned, I would like to help you on this. First, is important to be clear on the installation method. If you have installed on this machine the full PC Host installation, you will be able to change the purpose of Lab Management tab from ALM and use it as Controller because the PC Host installation have the Controller .exe (Wlrun.exe) inside it, but if in the other hand, you just have LG Stand Alone installation, you will need to perform an uninstall and then, install the PC Host setup.

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

That helps thanks. Unfortunately I was not here when they stood these up. I will look in Lab management and see what I can find.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

It appears as if when the tools were stood up they were stood up as Stand Alone Load Generators. Why is nothing ever as easy as it should be?  🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi miller422

I am really glad to helped you, I hope you were able to meet the target. Exactly as you say, PC has included new features that may confuse customers. But we're here to help gladly. Also, if the information was helpful, I appreciate that you accepted it as a solution for future references ...

Best Regards

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.