Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Protocol RDP

Hello

I am trying to record the script in Remote Desktop in .net Exe file here i am using RDP protocol but i am not able to create the script please try to help me some one

Thanks for Adv
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,,

First of all one advise is to use the protocol advisor to know which protocol does ur application supports.

Please brief the technologies used in the project. so that we can assist u further.

Regards
Vidhya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Application in .net we have access through exe file it's desktop application

Thanks for your reply please help me out for this issue
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,,

Did u try using Protocol advisor. If you use protocol advisor it will list the protocol's u need to use in your application.

If your application is developed in .net means i recommend you to select single protocol Microsoft .net protocol of ur application and try 2 record... i think then you will be getting scripts. If not do let me know will try to answer ur query.

Regards
Vidhya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am not able to record with this protocol here i need connect to reomte desktop & i need record the script coz of i don't have that application in my Desktop please help me out
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,,

After going through the Loadrunner help : i got this piece of information for you... just try this.
The Agent for Microsoft Terminal Server is an optional utility that you can install on the RDP server. It provides enhancements to the normal RDP functionality. It is provided in the product's DVD and you can install it on any RDP server.

The installation file for the Agent for Microsoft Terminal Server is located on the product installation disk, under the Additional Components\Agent for Microsoft Terminal Server directory.

Note that the agent should only be installed on your RDP server machine, not Load Generator machines.

If you are upgrading the agent, make sure to uninstall the previous version before installing the next one

Regards
Vidhya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is your loadrunner version?
coz this matters for RDP protocol.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My loadrunner Ver 9.51

hello Vidhya Thanks for you reply

I don't have Admin rights that's why i am not able to install Terminal Server so we have any option please let me know.

I have one more Question We can record EXE file right. can you please let me know.

Thanks for you help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The reason I asked version was due to a bug in LR 9.0 for which you had to make a small change in your default.rdp file that is used to record.

Play with different recording options and as vidhya said if you had agent installed on terminal server that would make your life more easier.

By the way is the real user using a terminal server to access the app?

You can record anything you do in remote server depending on your recording options.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.