Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Protocol Selection for BEx Analyser through Excel

Hi,

I am struct with which protocol to use for BEx Analyser through excel.

Can any one help em out.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Protocol Selection for BEx Analyser through Excel

In the new load runner version 9.5, there is protocol adviser for identifying protocols you need to use in your scripts. If you are using older version, contact HP support before buying controller license. They will help you out.

Arnab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi madthrt and Arnab Das,

Thanks for your replies.

Arnab Das,

I am using loadrunner version 8.0 as per client requirement. So i can't access 9.5 version but nayways thansk for the information on protocol adviser.

madthrt,

I tried to access the link you have provided but i am not able to access the page it displayed some information on support contracts i was not able to get it. I have attached the screenshot of the same can you guide me how to proceed.

Thank You.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

You need to add your SAID there.

SAID: Service agreement identifier...for this your product needs to be under support.

LR 8.0 is older version and not supported by HP now. (End of support)....

You suggest your customer to upgrade to latest version and renew the contract....to officially get support from HP.

You can try this with COM/DCOM protocol.

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shivaram,

How do we get SAID suppose if we have 9.0 version. Do we need ask our client or ?.

There is no other way to access this link. Our client does'nt agree for upgrade version if that is th ecase they just drop it try that part manually.

But i will miss the chance to implement some new idea to come up with scripting part for BEx.

Can anyone suggest me any idea.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi WW,

Each and every customer will get "Service Agreement IDs" provided by Ms.Helen Barnes for LR when they get license from HP.

if you dnt know the SAID, contact your LR Admin or else contact HP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.