Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Protocol and record setings to record a Web based ASP.Net application with applets

Hi,

I am working on a web based application built in Asp.Net-Version: 1.1.4322 and Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0. It uses applets. The application installs below two .cab files on the first launch and gives an error if it fails to install these 2 files.

Below is the part of source code of the application launch page:

Once these two cab files [INFRA_CONTROLS80.CAB (DB) and in_wrapper80.CAB (wrapper)] are installed, you can access the application on that machine. Now, when you enter the URL in the browser and press enter, immediately, an applet launches. This applet uses INFRA_CONTROLS80.CAB (DB) and in_wrapper80.CAB (wrapper) for request and response (my assumption).

I am using VUGen 9.1 to record this application with Web Http/Html protocol (Not sure if this is the correct one).

when I finish my recording, I can see the code generated, but in the tree view, some snapshots show "infraEnterprise is unable to display the wrapper toolbar. Click this link infraEnterprise8.htm to download the wrapper and log on to infraEnterprise", while some are alright.

I tried using both Socket level recording as well as WinInet but same result. When I try to replay this recorded script, I get the same snapshots as in the recorded snapshots with same error message on it. Moreover if I enable runtime viewer it opens a download dialog box for each page and says "IE unable to download". Here it is trying to download that wrapper which I referred in my previous paragraph.

One more thing I would like to add is, in the generation log I see the 2 errors coming up

1. 'Error downloading the DB control'
2. 'Error downloading the Wrapper control'

Ideally, above errors should come up only in case I am launching the application for the first time and the machine is unable to install the 2 files. But, this is not true because the 2 CAB files are already installed and I can navigate through the application manually. Not sure what is creating the issue.

Please suggest me the necessary record settings or another protocol to record a Web based ASP.Net application with applets.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.