Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Question regarding HP ALM 12.21 database structure

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using HP ALM Performance center 12.21 and understand that all test details are stored in the performance center database.

For my project work, I download LRA files from Performance center and created a new session (LRS) and was able to query session MDB to get information such as virtual users, hits, throughput, response times.

Can I do the same thing by accessing performance center database ? Can anybody share which SQL queries I need to use for that purpose? I am asking this as I am not aware about database tables in performance center database. I only know the database structure in session MDB file which was created after downloading results file and how to query that database.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Question regarding HP ALM 12.21 database structure

Jump to solution

Hello wattle9

The answer to your direct question is NO, that is not possible.

The reason is that this information is not available in th Performance Center (or rather ALM) database.

After a test is executed, all files are gathered and a RawResult.zip is created (Collation), together with the messages occured during the test Ouput.mdb.zip and VuserLog.zip. After that an (default) Analysis session is applied and a (Results.zip) and htmlreport (Reports.zip) is created.

All these files are stored in the file repository on the PC/ALM-serveres, but the actual data is never added to the PC/ALM database just the location of the files.

So you will need to download a result file from the PC/ALM-server and unzip it, to be able to access the data

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello wattle9

The answer to your direct question is NO, that is not possible.

The reason is that this information is not available in th Performance Center (or rather ALM) database.

After a test is executed, all files are gathered and a RawResult.zip is created (Collation), together with the messages occured during the test Ouput.mdb.zip and VuserLog.zip. After that an (default) Analysis session is applied and a (Results.zip) and htmlreport (Reports.zip) is created.

All these files are stored in the file repository on the PC/ALM-serveres, but the actual data is never added to the PC/ALM database just the location of the files.

So you will need to download a result file from the PC/ALM-server and unzip it, to be able to access the data

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your answer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.