Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quiries on Loadrunner

1) I have difficulty in knowing when to use html recording mode and when to use URL recording mode.
2) When I run a goal-orineted scenario in load runner, with my goal as achieve hits of 5 between 5 to 10 users. Ramp up is set to automatic, continue to run for 5 minutes after the goal is reached. If I run this scenario to unedrstand how exactly the tool behaves some times it will run for some time and increments user from 5 to 6 after that it will come out and say goal cannot be reached. If I rerun the same it will behave in a different way when compared to the first.
3) Even when I record my script in html mode some times I get all web_url functions recored in my script I get confused how does it starts recording web_custom functions these functions should get recorded only in url mode right. Even web_submit_data get recorded in html mode.
4) When to use multi protocol scripts please give me an example and tell me. All web applications uses http protocol to connect to the webserver right then what is the use of multi protocol scripts.
Please provide me with answers for these questions.

Thanking you in advance,
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Quiries on Loadrunner

3) Recording modes :
a) HTML Recording mode :
ï Generates the script for each user action
ï It is a context sensitive script
ï It identifies the recording mode as â HTMLâ in the script in the first function of the script (web_url)
ï The user inputs can be submitted either in a form or in a data submission
Advantages of HTML recording mode: It takes less time to execute the user actions.
Disadvantages of HTML recording mode: It may not capture the entire source of the web page.
Functions used in HTML recording mode to design the script:
ï Web_url
ï Web_submit_data
ï Web_submit_form
ï Web_image
ï Web_link
HTML Advanced:
Script Type:
i) A script describing user actions (weblink, websubmit form) : Using this recording mode(default) some of the item data in the form may or may not be recorded into the script. Using this mode the functions used will be web_url, web_form and web_submit_data. When the item data is captured using web_form few of the item data provided or calculated automatically in the UI may not be recorded and may causes errors at run time.
ii) A script containing explicit URLâ s only (web_url, web_submit_data): Using this recording mode the unidentified/unrecognized item data using the above recording mode can be eliminated. Using this mode the functions used will be web_url and web_submit_data. The item data will be recorded using the web_url function in the script. The complete item data will be captured under the web_url function and there is no chance of losing the item data unrecognized.
Non-Html generated elements (Java script, VB Script, ActiveX, Applets)
iii) Record within the current step: It records within the current step as an argument and does not generates a new function for each one of the non-html generated resources. List all as arguments of the web step statement generated for the non-html element. The resources, arguments of a web step are indicated by the Extrares Flag. (Records the non-html elements in the current script step).
iv) Record in separate steps and use concurrent groups: Records the non-html elements in separate steps. Generates a new web_url function for each non-html resource. (eg. Images within a java script applet). All resources that are part of the same non-html element(eg. A java script) will be placed together in a concurrent group.
v) Do no record: Does not record any non-html generated resources in the web page.
b) URL Recording mode :
ï It generates the script for each object on the web page
ï It is a context-less script
ï It defines the recording mode as â HTTPâ in the first function of the script (web_url)
ï The user inputs can be submitted only in a Data submission.
Advantages of URL recording mode: It captures the entire source of the web page
Disadvantages of URL recording mode: Takes long time to execute the user actions
Functions used in URL recording mode:
ï Web_url
ï Web_submit_data
URL Advanced:
i) Create concurrent groups for resources after their source HTML page: Records URLâ s and their resources in concurrent groups. A concurrent group represents links and resources that are loaded on a page at the same time such as graphics. Enable this option to accurately emulate a browser session.
ii) Use Web custom request only: For non browser applications, set this option to record all HTTP requests as custom HTTP requests, disregarding their contexts.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.