Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Receiving errors while executing .vbs file that work with ‘TD connection object’ from Windows7/10

Receiving errors while executing .vbs file that work with ‘TD connection object’ and ‘QuickTest.Application’ from Windows 7/10 machines.

Error details:

Error:     ActiveX component can't create object: 'TDApiOle80.TDConnection'

Code:    800A01AD

Sample Code:

set tdc = CreateObject("TDApiOle80.TDConnection")

tdc.InitConnectionEx "http://hpalm/qcbin/"

tdc.login "userID",""

tdc.Connect "Domain","Project"

Set TSetFact = tdc.TestSetFactory

Set tsTreeMgr = tdc.TestSetTreeManager

Set tsFolder = tsTreeMgr.NodeByPath("Root\IAM_Performance")

Set tsList = tsFolder.FindTestSets("IAM_Performance_TestSet")

Set theTestSet = tsList.Item(1)

Set Scheduler = theTestSet.StartExecution("")

Scheduler.RunAllLocally = True

Scheduler.run

Set execStatus = Scheduler.ExecutionStatus

Do While RunFinished = False

execStatus.RefreshExecStatusInfo "all", True

RunFinished = execStatus.Finished

Set EventsList = execStatus.EventsList

For Each ExecEventInfoObj in EventsList

strNowEvent = ExecEventInfoObj.EventType

Next

For i= 1 to execstatus.count

Set TestExecStatusobj =execstatus.Item(i)

intTestid = TestExecStatusobj.TestInstance

Next

Loop

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Receiving errors while executing .vbs file that work with ‘TD connection object’ from Windows7/1

Hi

Not really follow the  problem. Is it so that you have a vbs script that work on Windows 7 machine, but now when on Windows 10 it doesn't work anymore?

The " can't create object: 'TDApiOle80.TDConnection" is often caused by that ALM client side Registration is not completed. Can you try to register them (/qcbin - > Tools -> HP ALM Client Registration)

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Receiving errors while executing .vbs file that work with ‘TD connection object’ from Windows7/1

Thanks for the repsonse. I have registered the HP ALM Client Registration with Admin privileges. but no luck. Issue is still exists.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

Are you trying to run Performance Center test using ALM client API or you are trying to run a different test?

If you are trying to run PC Test I suggest using PC REST API which is maintained and supported by PC R&D team.

Regards,

Shlomi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes. I am trying run Performance center using ALM client. Let me try using PC REST API.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.