Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording Interactive PDF (Adobe LiveCycle) with LoadRunner/VUGen

Hi All,

I have been attempting to record the client-server interaction of an Adobe Interactive PDF when the user submits a form to the server.

Based on my research this communication supposedly occurs over HTTP/HTTPS. However, when I attempt to record, LoadRunner does not seem to "pick up" anything. The recording always comes back completely empty. FWIW, when I click submit on the PDF form, Adobe Reader spawns an instance of IE (presumably how the HTTP request is sent). I am not sure if spawning a separate application is why it is not recording. If so, I'm not sure how to capture the new window with VUGen since it occurs only after the test case has already begun.

I have tried several different protocols including HTTP/HTTPS, Web Service and Flex with no dice. I also tried all of the protocols suggested by the Protocol Advisor.

I am using LoadRunner 9.5.

Please advise.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Recording Interactive PDF (Adobe LiveCycle) with LoadRunner/VUGen

Have you tried adding server entries in port mapping recording option for HTTP protocol. I would also suggest you to just give a try for wininet recording options.

Regards,
Imran
You are resource limited only by your imagination
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Try Recording using HTTP/HTTPS protocol with Capture level as WinINet level data.

This option is found in Recording option -- > port mapping --> Capture level.

Regards,
Vinutha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laurence,

I'm facing a similar issue. Did you find a solution to the recording problem for submitting a PDF form?

Please advice a solution.

Thanks in advance!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I am facing the same issue . Were you able to record download pdf in LR
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello, 

I know its an old thread. Well, I been facing the same problem as you faced. loadrunner doesn't recognizes at the step when I try to open the forms. Did you find any solution? 

Thanks

sudhakar 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.