Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording OracleBI Discoverer using VUGen 9.1

Hi All,

I just want to ask you how should the recording of OracleBI Discoverer be done using VUGen 9.1? Are there any settings that I should configure first?

I asked this because when I record a VUGen 9.1 script for OracleBI Discoverer, only the loading of the page seems to be recorded because it's the only part that has a script recorded. The login part, the queries that I did and other things that I performed while logged in to the Discoverer, doesn't have their equivalent scripts when I check through script view.

I've attached the screenshot of the login page for your reference just in case you need to see it.

I'm hoping for your help, guys.

Advance thanks,
Melvin
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Recording OracleBI Discoverer using VUGen 9.1

Hi Melvin,

First of all you have not mentioned which protocol you are using to record the scripts.

Use the oracle applications 11i. Suppose if the oracle form session is opened after you are connected to the BI then record a multi-protocol script using the oracle nca and the web http/html protocol.

I think this should solve your problem.

Thanks
Bharath Ramakrishna
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but the result is the same. No scripts were recorded for the actions that I performed.

Sorry I forgot to indicate, I first used Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol, I also used Web (HTTP/HTML) and Oracle NCA. But the results were the same. No scripts were recorded for the actions that I performed.

Sincerely,
Melvin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Melvin,

Can you check the JInitiator version on your machine that you are using and check if it is compatable with the LR version that you are using? Also check the Oracle forms version that your application is using and see if it is compatable with your LR version. Give a try with Oracle Web Applications 11i protocol in your Vugen and try scripting.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I can say that the JInitiator and Oracle forms in my machine are compatible with my VUGen/LR version. I can record Oracle Apps scripts successfully and I can also replay them without errors.

I tried Oracle Web Applications 11i protocol but the same happened. No scripts for the actions that I performed.

I appreciate your help guys, but can you help me dig deaper into the issue?

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem. I am not able to record Orcale BI Discoverer application by using any of the following protocols:

1) Oracle NCA
2) Oracle Web Application 11i

Can you please suggest which protocol can be used to record on Orcale BI Discoverer application.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Vinod
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.