Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording browser back button in Vugen9.52

hi All,
Version: Vugen 9.52
We have a new functionality where we can go back few transactions using browser back button. This is basically to test app server caching not just browser cache. Manually application works fine but when I hit back button during recording all I see is "webpage has expired" page & script generation. Can someone please throw some light? Please let me know if you need more information. Any help on this would be appreciated.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Recording browser back button in Vugen9.52

In addition to that no script is getting generated. I have tried using
Web (Click and Script)
Web (HTTP/HTML)
AJAX (Click and Script) so far...

Thanks,
Selvan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

make a note of the pages you want to go back again by adding start and end transactions.once you have recorded copy paste those sections wherever needed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you be more clear on the app technology.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Technology used : J2EE
We also have few Ajax pages in the workflow.
Thanks,
Selvan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

check the proxy settings and apply port mapping in VUGen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is my first experience using port mappings. So, I had to use trial and error approach.
Case1: Record Type = Direct
I'm able to see all those screens during recording & traversing back (back button seems to work) but absolutely no script is generated.

Case2: Record Type = Proxy
As soon as I hit the back "webpage has expired" screen shows up. There are bunch of SSL configurations which I did not touch.

Anything specific related to proxy or port mappings needs to be set in recording options?

Thanks for you time.
Selvan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

During the manual browsing, when you click back button, do you make any calls to the server? you can find out this use any network trace utility like Fiddler..

if you dont see any call, then recording is working as expected.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Selvan,

If there is no network action seen when back button is pressed, then there is no meaning in recording it for verifying the application caching which never verfied with this flow. Please verify.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.