Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Recording jnlp application

Hello,

i'm recording a script for a jnlp application (java web start). I install an set the java class path, th java vuser empty script works...but now how i can record the application?

I downloaded it on a folder...can i execute the .jnpl start file by vugen script? how?

Thanks!

Gaspare
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Gaspare,

A complete information on working with JNLP on JAVA Vuser & Java Record & Replay is available at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM169714

Hope this helps you. Do let me know if any additional information is required.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Raj,

thanks a lot.

Could anyone give me an example of batch file used to register/execute a jnlp application?

thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I try to record it in "java record replay" as "IExplore" type, passing the .jnlp URL.

The class loader window (in green) seems to work, I'm able to read the classes, but Vugen doesnt' record nothing....

can anyone help me?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had similar problem before when i am using with java Record.Replay protocol.

Try recording with WEb HTT/HTML protocol it worked for me .I hope it works for you too.

But only thing it is not capturing snap shots .

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Naresh,

How do you record the jnlp by web HTTP/HTML? I try this, but while I replay, the script downlaod some .UNK file...Do you check the XML file correlated with the jnlp one?

can you send me a code example?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Gas...

Did you solve this problem??

I'm facing the same and I would like to know your solution 😃

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I like to know that too, but i cant access this file.

So could you please so kind to wirte down some catch points what to do.

would be very helpful.

thx!

cross

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

I am also facing the issue and unable to record the application using Java Record replay. I am also unable to open the above the link and giving me message that you don't have permission.

Can anyone please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Raj,
Can you please share this document, as it seems I dont have access to this.

Can you please help me on how to record a java web start application via loadrunner
Thanks,
Chetali
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.