Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recording smart client 2.0 application.

Jump to solution
Need to record an application which is developed in 'Microsoft .net framework 3.5' & WCF (Developed in Smart client Technology).

Business flow
1) Microsoft .net 3.0 framework is installed in the local machine. Also installed SSL certification to access the application
2) Invoking remote exe file through http protocol.
3) After the previous step, application will be downloaded to the local desktop & executing as win32 application. ( *.exe background process is running in task manager)

[ We have to open the application by clicking the URL and one software is getting installed into local desktop and it will connect to the sever & smart client window will be opened. there we need to give user credentials after that we will get windows based home page.

Tried to check by using protocol advisor it is recording only URL path and not able to identify smartclient application part.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
prasad

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Recording smart client 2.0 application.

Jump to solution
Hi Prasad,

Even i have used load runner tool for the application which is developed in 'Microsoft .net framework 3.5' & WCF (Developed in Smart client Technology). but its a windows application

Kindly use the single protocol i.e .net protocol for the application to trigger.
when you record the application, specify the program to record full path.... (provided if you have the .exe file for the application)

Kindly let me know if it records any of the events or not.

Regards
Vidhya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Prasad,

Even i have used load runner tool for the application which is developed in 'Microsoft .net framework 3.5' & WCF (Developed in Smart client Technology). but its a windows application

Kindly use the single protocol i.e .net protocol for the application to trigger.
when you record the application, specify the program to record full path.... (provided if you have the .exe file for the application)

Kindly let me know if it records any of the events or not.

Regards
Vidhya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Vidhya,

Tried with the same and it looks fine.
ThanQ for the iput.

Regards&Thanks,
Prasad
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
As per Vidhya input can able to proceed.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.