New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Regarding Correlation

Recently I have recorded a web application developed with .NET technology. I have correlated the dynamic value. When I try to replay, even the first page(logIn Page) is not replyed. Is it due to correlation. (in cookies, header). Please suggest.

Can we correlate the sessionID in the header part of the data returned by the server server.

If anyone has the Knowledge base article on correlation of the web application developed by .NET technology, please share it. It would be very helpful.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, you can corellate the session id.

Use Load runner help for reference. Use the function reference guide and search for web_reg_save_param.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Check if you have "ViewState" parameter values captured during the recording log. Then in such case it is different case you need to manually correlate that.

Check it & let me know. I will guide you through.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes , I have correlated the viewstate value.
Anyway, the value of the viewstate is constant. I tried it by recording few scripts.

But my problem is that when i replay the script even the home page (the first page of the application) doesnot get replayed.

I get an error "Failed to connect to the server xxx.rrr.com:80 Connection timed out".
I can manually navigate the application in LR machine.

When I try to ping the server xxx.rrr.com in command prompt, i get "Request Timed Out" error.Is it due to this problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Ok. This is something to look at at connectivity side at first.

Can you recheck if the proxy used in script is same as the one in IE. If not better select the setting "Obtain the proxy settings from the default browser"

-Raj.

Regards,
Raj

Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Check if you have used http://aaa.com or www.aaa.com in the script during the recording. I suggest you to go with http://aaa.com directly as the site might not be added in your local DNS.

If it still having a problem, then do a "tracert xxx.com" in command prompt & discuss with the Proxy team on the issue. If they have any information.

Then if you still have the problem, then run the script with Full logging options & post it back here. I willl try to find the problem in the script if any.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The above problem is solved. It is because of LAN Settings of the browser.

I appreciate the spirit of Raj with which he is trying to help the forum members. Thanks a lot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thankyou Pawana for the great appreciation.

I really love such challenges. I will be glad if you can assign any points for the replies which helped you out.

-Thanks,
Rajasekhar

Regards,
Raj

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.