Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Regarding Error -- memory violation Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi All,

I am running a script which performs a report search and displays all results. So for certail search there are more than 100 thousand search results so the application is almost taking 300 to 800 secs. So when i run this from controller, seems like i face this error couple of times.

Error C interpreter run time error .c (284) Error -- memory violation Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION received.

So was wondering what could have caused this issue?

I have server side compresssion as Gzip,Deflate. Was wondering whethe ri shuld only go for Gzip instead of both and that would help???

Thank you.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Regarding Error -- memory violation Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi,

Try few things:

1. Check run time setting if you are running your test with process or thread. It should be process. Thread causes memory issue.

2. You Gzip compression if possible as response is too big.

3. Check in runtime settings whether any logs are enabled.if so disable them and check the option create log only when error occurs . Remove all the temp files in the machine where the controller is running. Save the results folder in a drive other that the drive which loadrunner is installed.

4. It might be required additional LG's as available LG's are not enought to handle it.

5. Before increasing LG's you can try increasing GDI's.

Thanks,
Champ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Regarding Error -- memory violation Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi Thanks Ajay for taking time and responding back.

I will try using only Gzip in my next run and see how it behaves. If it does not work, i will go for other options and will let you know.

Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.