Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Replacing Database Sever in Performance Center

Jump to solution

Hi,

We need to replace the database server in our 12.63 environment. Does anyone have any details on the steps to do so or any documentation that I can look at?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Replacing Database Sever in Performance Center

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Please share the support case to review the suggestions you got and contact me to review the steps. 

It will be safer to review with you the steps than just providing  you general instructions in this chat

Aliza  (aliza.salomon@microfocus.com)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Depending on what version of ALM you're running, that's where you will find some info on this. Check the ALM Help Center. The below might be a good start. You can always submit a support ticket as well.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.60/online_help/Content/Admin/sa_servers_define_db_server.htm?Highlight=database

Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for that.

I have submitted a support ticket and it has been assigned to two different engineers who are telling me different steps to take. Its a bit confusing in that respect. 

We have already copied our DBs to the new server. I know I need to edit the siteadmin.xml file but I was wondering if there are any other steps that I need to consider

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Please share the support case to review the suggestions you got and contact me to review the steps. 

It will be safer to review with you the steps than just providing  you general instructions in this chat

Aliza  (aliza.salomon@microfocus.com)

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.