Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Repository Query

Jump to solution

Hi all, quick question regarding the project repository.

On my current Performance Center 12.63 Production environment we keep our project repositories on a NAS share.

e.g.

\\NAS_Share\Performance Center\PERFORMANCE_CENTER\qc\DOMAIN_One\PROJECT_One etc

In LRE 2020 can we still keep our projects repositories on an external file system like NAS? Or does the repository have to reside on the LRE server file system?

I am thinking of just creating a new folder on our NAS for LRE 2020.

\\NAS_Share\Load Runner Enterprise\LOAD_RUNNER_ENTERPRISE\etc

Then, after I install LRE 2020 I will simply migrate my projects to the new repository location.

Are there any problems with adopting this approach?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi 

You can use the NAS share also for LRE ,--> \\NAS_Share\Load Runner Enterprise\LOAD_RUNNER_ENTERPRISE will work with LRE as long as the LRE configuration  user has access to this location..Same as in ALM/PC12.63 the ALM configuration user - [the user that runs the ALM service])  . 

You will provide this new location during the LRE configuration wizard (one of the first steps) and afterwords once you'll create or migrate 12.63 projects , new projects folder will reside within this new location. 

Aliza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi 

You can use the NAS share also for LRE ,--> \\NAS_Share\Load Runner Enterprise\LOAD_RUNNER_ENTERPRISE will work with LRE as long as the LRE configuration  user has access to this location..Same as in ALM/PC12.63 the ALM configuration user - [the user that runs the ALM service])  . 

You will provide this new location during the LRE configuration wizard (one of the first steps) and afterwords once you'll create or migrate 12.63 projects , new projects folder will reside within this new location. 

Aliza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you once again for your helpful advice Aliza! You have been a life-saver this week!

Yes we will create a new domain service account for LRE 2020 and ensure that it has read access to the NAS location.;

Thank you again.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi all,

so I am now configuring LRE server and I have reached the point where I need to specify the repository.

I am using a domain service account as my LRE Service user. This service account has been added to an LDAT group which has read/write permissions on the repository location which is on a NAS share.

I enter the full NAS path as below:

\\NASServer01\Performance Center\PERFORMANCE_CENTER\qc

but I get an error:

"Failed to log in with service user credentials"

in the configuration log file I see:

[6/24/2020 3:37:39 AM]: PC User details are: DomainName = DOMAIN, UserName = LRUNNER_P, GroupName = Administrators
[6/24/2020 3:38:32 AM]: User config file does not contain value for SSO Token. Take value from app config file
[6/24/2020 3:39:50 AM]: [ERROR]: LogonUser failed with the following error code: 1329

I have also tried:

\\NASServer01\Performance Center$\PERFORMANCE_CENTER\qc

0 Likes
Highlighted

As well as having permissions to the NAS, would my service account also need logon access to the NAS server?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.