Highlighted
New Member.

Request Header Correlation

I have correlation that I need to do. This is a session ID that appears in the scripts but does not contain in the html header or in the body. I tried various ways to correlate this. Auto/Manual Correlation both. Is there a specifi way to correlate anything that is not in the body....
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Request Header Correlation

First verify in the Generation log, for the first occurrence of that session ID. Then, you can find whether it is coming in Body or Header of a particular response ID. Accordingly you can mention HEADER/BODY in the web_reg_save_param - Search Argument.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Still if you face problem, send me the Generation log file.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I tried correlating and capture the variable in the header but it seems like it is not picking up. The issue here is that this is a Multi Protocol script with NCA and Http. A web page pops up when I hit a button from the Oracle form. So this could be the reason why I am not able to find the server Response in the tree view for the Session ID. Please let me know how I should rectify this issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It is difficult to comment without looking into the logs.

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I just found out that this Session ID is generated on the oracle side and passed to the HTML page. I have browsed the web and found some articles. But still did not find away to correlate "params" variable. If I can correlate that I should be all set. Here is sample web_url that I found on the web. My one looks very much the same. I was able to correlate most of the values here but having trouble with "params". Hope you can help. thanks.

web_url("RF.jsp",
"URL= http://finx-151.cmcdev.be:8007/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28636&resp_id=-1&re
sp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params="b3Ym650StY.m3PdwT7sEavX8jQ3qyLrlhQrni6Ku2qm9ejt4aOzoNdMZqaKOQGH-dw7pQLzp3sD454m6y8d-4TBPE&oas=GjZYtovvPzSXYvpgvuq2Lg..",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=text/html",
"Referer=",
"Snapshot=t1.inf",
"Mode=HTML"
LAST);
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please send me the Generation log & replay log(with extended logs). I can help you.

-Madhu
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.