Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Reserved test did not start

Jump to solution

Hi,

one of our testers reserved a timeslot successfully but his tests did not start as expected.

I do not see anything in the Load Generator's logs to indicate the reason. I have also checked that the LG servers were not patched or rebooted or anything like that during the timeslot window.

When I look in Lab Management and the timeslot summary I see that the AUT env configuration says 'Not Connected' but I'm not sure if that would be the cause.

The tester did not receive any error notifications to say that the test did not start. Is there somewhere I can check to find the reason for this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I managed to find the reason why the tests did not start.

In Lab Management I could see the tests in the calendar view. The timeslots had been reserved successfully but they did not start, and when I clicked in the Event Log there was no indication as to why.

However, when I changed the view to 'Grid View' and checked the Event Log again, some further information was visible.

The error stated: "Cannot autostart timeslot ID '6858' because there is not enough time to run the test. Timeslot will not be autostarted"

So it looks like the tester did not allocated sufficient time for the type of test he was trying to run and this was the reason the tests did not start.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted

I should add that it is the automated tests that are not starting.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I managed to find the reason why the tests did not start.

In Lab Management I could see the tests in the calendar view. The timeslots had been reserved successfully but they did not start, and when I clicked in the Event Log there was no indication as to why.

However, when I changed the view to 'Grid View' and checked the Event Log again, some further information was visible.

The error stated: "Cannot autostart timeslot ID '6858' because there is not enough time to run the test. Timeslot will not be autostarted"

So it looks like the tester did not allocated sufficient time for the type of test he was trying to run and this was the reason the tests did not start.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.