Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Response Times

Hi,

We are using .NET application and Web (HTTP/HTML)Protocol. We are executing the script in VUGen.

In VUGEN checking the response time in Replay Log at transaction end line(which will give duration for particula request). The problem is response times in the VUGEN are higher than the manual response times. In Runtime settings think time was ignored and only standard log was enabeled.

Not able to find the reason properly. Kindly help if any one is having any idea.

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna Narla
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Response Times

Hi Swapna,

Response time of the application depends on multiple factors across the OSI model. But as you mentioned that the response time is less in manual scenario and through VuGen it is more, I suggest to check the following.

1. Verify Browser Emulation settings in Runtime settings of the VuGen script. "Simulate browser cache" should be enabled.
2. "Check for newer versions of stored pages every visit to the page" check box should be disabled.
3. "Simulate a new user on each iteration" & "Clear cache on each iteration" should be disabled.
4. Verify if there is any big difference in response times by disabling/enabling "Download non-HTML resources"

Check all the above settings & run the scripts multiple times. If you still observe the huge difference in response times, let me know. I will let you know advanced troubleshooting & debugging methods.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.