Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Response time mismatch via LR scripts

Hi,

I have scripted one of our applications using web protocol in LR.
When I playback the script it takes double the response time when compared manually.
I have checked with all the browser settings etc...
When I try to playback the script,the script gets struck in the below line for a few seconds and then continues.This contributes for the larger response times.
Please can you help me out to find the significance of this line?Can this line be commented.

URL=https://{BaseURL}/contentService?command=HtmlGetLookAndFeel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread moved from"HP TRIM" to "Performance Center".--Moderator
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check whether you have introduced any think time between the calls, if that is not there , check the server logs as it throwing error in the server side.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

As well as checking to see if you have think time commands between your transaction timers also if you have not already done so run your script from the controller to see how it performs there.

Since you did not supply the entire LR command we cannot determine if there is anything causing an issue. There is no way we can determine why this particular request takes longer that you think it should. Please provide a copy of your script played back with extended logging for review.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does caching match the browser? Clear the browser cache and try the browser again? LR clears the simulated cache for each run.

Check redirects in the Vugen output. In Vugen start by turning on extended logging for everything BUT "data returned by server" watch the spot pauses. (or look for high TXN times). Look at the messages around there. It should list the times for each non html resource too. IF still no luck then you can turn on "data returned by server" and watch to see if what is happening at that point. (huge amount of data)

Sometimes a wrong runtime setting will cause non HTML resources to be DL twice in the script if the script explicitly has a step for each of them. Runtime setting "Download non html elements" and a recording setting of "record non html elements" do the same thing. Have both expect double. This shows up in the Vuser playback logs.

One of my questions usually is there a watchdog or per client IP restrictions being used by the application?

Security can also slow it down with NTLM, and kerberos. LR does some of this different than the browser.
"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.