Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Roadmap for Performance Center

Hi there,

is there a road map for PC publicly available? I would like to know what's in store in the next 12-18 months.
Besides this the relase date and the changes in PC 9.51 would be interessting.

Thanks, Marc
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Roadmap for Performance Center

Hi Marc,

After LR 9.5, I can only guess that next LR/PC will have enhancement in terms of supporting the latest technology.

I could see this difference from LR 9.1 to LR 9.5 🙂

Besides this....there can be enhancement on IE, OS, etc...

I dont think it will be publicly available....You might want to check with HP directly.

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

In speaking with Mark Tomlinson, the Product Manager for LR/PC at the HP conference, the immediate direction is to incorporate better client-side scripting (enhance Click and Script) and client-side transaction timing (javascript, ajax). It was very apparent that Web 2.0 is their primary focus, and by that measure, PC was lacking.

What I didn't get a feel for is the timeline for these enhancements. But from the sense of urgency I felt in discussions with the LR/PC R and D team, I would guess that we will see a minor release before the end of the year, and PC 10 by second quarter of 2010. Again, just an educated guess.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi James...

That was indeed a great news to share.!

Thanks for the info.

You got the info from Product manager and R&D.....wow...great.!

I could feel that in LR 9.5 as well....when it comes to support for Web 2.0. (Flex, RIA, Ajax etc..)

Its good to know that....advance users like to ask for it....and we all get IT 🙂

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Marc,

As a Design Partner on PC I know quite a bit of what you can expect in the new PC 10 - and it's sure not bad:-)

There is a lot of things I can't say, but the major all-over thing that I can say is - the new version 10 will be build on the same framework as Quality Center (QC)!

And if you can imagine what that will mean to PC, you are on the right tracks;-)

Basiclly what you can do in QC will be possible in PC as well.

I just came home from HP Software Universe in Las Vegas, where a lot of this was published, why I also can tell a little bit.

I'm sure this will be a major step forward for all the PC users.

About PC 9.5 SP1, this is likely to be released very soon (I'd expect 1 - 2 month).

BR Bjarne
Knowlegde is not to know it all, but knowing how to get it!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.