Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Running Multiple scripts simultaneously in PC

Jump to solution

Hi

I need some help in execution of scripts in PC 11.52

I have two scripts & must hit two servers simultaneously. Due to some limitation in my Network Balencer, I need to bypass it & ht the desired server. For this reason, I need to execute two scripts simultaneously.

Please help me on how to perform this activity.

Thanks in advance,

Hrishi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Running Multiple scripts simultaneously in PC

Jump to solution

Hi

If you only need to add traffic to two different application servers that have different url:s, that can be done in many different ways.

First you can create two different scripts, one against each appserver, and then add both scripts to your test.

Secondly, a little smarter and easier way is to just create a loadrunner parameter of the servername part and have the different part of the url in the parameter. Then you can use random selection and will get a loadbalancer function from inside tha script.

web_custom_request("Custom_request",
     "URL=https://{community_app_server}/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/Running-Multiple-scripts-simultaneously-in-PC/m-p/6899381#M18148",
     LAST);

servername_paramter.png

But if you mean simultaneously, as both appservers needs to be accessed at the EXEACT same time, then you need to use a Rendezvous point in the script, and enable this function in the test.

lr_rendezvous("point1");

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Running Multiple scripts simultaneously in PC

Jump to solution

Hi

If you only need to add traffic to two different application servers that have different url:s, that can be done in many different ways.

First you can create two different scripts, one against each appserver, and then add both scripts to your test.

Secondly, a little smarter and easier way is to just create a loadrunner parameter of the servername part and have the different part of the url in the parameter. Then you can use random selection and will get a loadbalancer function from inside tha script.

web_custom_request("Custom_request",
     "URL=https://{community_app_server}/t5/LoadRunner-Practitioners-Forum/Running-Multiple-scripts-simultaneously-in-PC/m-p/6899381#M18148",
     LAST);

servername_paramter.png

But if you mean simultaneously, as both appservers needs to be accessed at the EXEACT same time, then you need to use a Rendezvous point in the script, and enable this function in the test.

lr_rendezvous("point1");

br /ola

Please mark post as solved if your problems or questions is/are resolved.
If this post was valuable to you, please consider kudo it.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.